Since starting dieting back in August 2015 I have had to modify many habits in the way I eat and there have been many lifestyle improvements too. These changes have led to me getting a lot more of certain things than when I was weighty.
The internet loves lists apparently. So what better way to contribute to the World Wide Web than by adding yet another one to the repository?
Thus here is my list of 10 things I have more of, in no specific order. I would hope that some of these would apply to you if you are going on a diet.
The benefits are not only physical, but psychological too I have found. Each compliment one another, though some of the advantages take longer to attain than others.
Benefits of the diet
- Energy: the more active you become the more active you want to be
- Space in my trousers: I have gone down from 36 waist to 33 currently
- Space in my wardrobe: I have outgrown so many clothes
- Self confidence: I feel a whole lot better about myself than I did prior to dieting
- Belief: the diet as made me realize that I can achieve things again
- Drive: I can push myself as I made stricter targets throughout the dieting process
Consumption during the diet
- Soup: obviously
- Fruit: I eat fruit regularly and practically without limited
- Vegetables: as with fruit I eat almost as much as I want
- Water: I drink like a boss (separate blog post on this topic)
The physical benefits then are the outcome of the change of lifestyle, both eating and activity. While consumption of the food types listed above has gone up over time I felt the need to cut down on other types and if I was hungry I would fill up on the soups and fruit and vegetables.
You cannot drink enough water, and one tip (there will be many more on site over the coming weeks) to eat less is:
Drink a large glass of water before you eat your meal.
So there you have it. 10 things I have more of now than I did before. If you are on a diet, or have been, how does this relate with you?
10 Things I’ve Had More Of Since My Diet Began (1-10)
- Trouser space
- Wardrobe space
- Self confidence
What’s on your list?